How do you choose?
Staffing software is standard recruiting software with some specialised functions that allow it to operate in demanding conditions, notably those around hiring and managing temporary workers.
Staffing software typically brings together elements such as:
- Applicant tracking systems
- Vacancy Posting
- Human Resource Management
- Accounts and Payroll.
These combine to allow rapid and effective placement of individuals into temporary jobs. Short term contracts and ‘temping’ are key areas for many business sectors and staffing software can help organisations find and place the right people into short contract and temp work.
Staffing software engineering focuses on linking the right job candidate to the temporary vacancy whilst confirming and organising the billing and pay scale to be used for that contract. All these come together to ensure that temporary roles are filled, temporary workers paid, tax, expenses and other issues are handled effectively and organisations can rely on seamless recruitment of temporary staff.
How to choose the right staffing software
Staffing solutions have to deliver in three key areas:
- Speed. Any staffing software worth the name must operate rapidly and intuitively so that temporary roles can be filled quickly to avoid slumps and bottlenecks in business operation. Speed is, literally, the essence of staffing software.
- Effective Selection. Effective selection requires back office functionality that can pick the best available candidates based on the vacancy criteria - this means good staffing software will offer rich functions to help identify qualified people.
- Day to day Management.Tracking temporary roles is demanding - tax, deductions, expenses, travel … all of which can change from week to week or day to day as the temporary work changes its nature. Good staffing solutions software will allow front end operation to be straightforward and flexible, giving operators the ability to update everything from applicant tracking to tax deductions.
There are other criteria to consider when choosing the best staffing software for you:
The back office - one of the most important considerations is how well your shortlisted software solutions handle the back office functions such as candidate communications, payment systems, workflows etc. Role playing through a complete back office scenario allows you and your team to understand how efficient and intuitive the software will be in your own organisation.
Migration - many software reviews reveal that migration is a key feature of any software systems and that managing migration is a point of vulnerability, so talk to the staffing software team about ensuring data quality and bug fixing.
Specialism - staffing software for hospitals may need different functions to that for the engineering industry, for example. It’s good to be clear about whether your organisation needs a broad spectrum staffing software package or something more tailored.
Integrating Staffing Software
At Recruit So Simple we know that getting up to speed with new software is vital, that’s why our cloud-based computing service has a focus on ensuring that your data is always available and always secure and we’re always on hand to help you familiarise your team with your new staffing software.
What a fantastic start to the New Year guys - I love the updates to the system. I’m already making use of the new filtering and reporting options. Thanks for all the great support I received last week as well...
I’m a long time user of RSS - over three years now - and I can’t recommend them highly enough. On the occasions that I’ve contacted their technical support, the response times are extremely fast. This is of gre...